Donnerstag, 12. Juli 2007

On the long run...

Today I did my first running session. The track is 11,1 km long, straight through the Elbe Valley (World Heritage Site) and it took me 1,5 hours. I did this session with one of my classmates (Holger) who is an experienced sportsman able to guide me quite well through this journey.
I never run before, so it was something new to me and I didn't know how fast I should run. In the first half hour we did almost the half distance. Quite fast for a newcomer running with ~12 km/h. After this first part I started to struggle and we walked for a while. We slowed down a little bit for the last kilometres and were even able to talk. That's very good because your pulse is not to high and not too low. Anyway I'll buy a pulse computer soon to optimise my running speed and training.
It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed the long run.

Keine Kommentare: