Donnerstag, 19. Juli 2007

Race against the Clock - Pushing Endurance

Some days ago I bought a pulse computer and did my first run now. It's awesome and a lot of fun. The track I have chosen is 4,4 km long and I needed 23:53 min. In the beginning I felt very well and I wasn't too fast, but the last kilometre was quite exhausting.
Long-term endurance is not as important as in other sports because the muscles are trained for steady, continues use of power. After some minutes the anaerobic system gets active. This metabolism allows long and continues burden of muscles.
In Kendo you need an activation of the maximum power as fast as possible, what is only possible with aerobic work of the muscles. Therefor I only do a short training but with higher intense. My pulse computer allows me to find the optimal rhythm for running. I based my calculation on a simple formula:
(180 - age) +/- 10 = 156 - 176
It's not useful for person beginning with doing sports, but that's not my case. I had an average heart frequency of 176 this time and I'll probably reduce it a little bit next time.
Anyway... I am on the run now.

Keine Kommentare: